You are a new blogger, so everything is unfamiliar to you. It takes a long time to set up a blog and operate at this stage.
In this post, I will share with you ten plug-ins that are essential while building a blog.
Table of Contents
- Yoast SEO
- Site Kit by Google
- Jetpack by WordPress.comAkismet Anti-spam
- Contact Form 7
- All-in-one Migration
- Updraft plus
- Classic Widgets
- Smash Balloon
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is regarded as the first and most widely used plugin in the collection of tools for refining information in order to optimize WordPress SEO on Google. They have a lot of amazing features and a lot of diversity. However, in order to get the best results, you must understand the idea and how to set it up and use it correctly.
Yoast SEO offers several noteworthy features, including:
- Optimize keywords, synonyms, and similar terms.
- OnPage SEO should be optimized on each subpage of the main website.
- Check the information in the files robots.txt, sitemap, htaccess, and permalinks.
- Examine the title, meta description, and so forth.
- Post articles and share them on social media platforms like Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
- By establishing canonical URLs, you may reduce duplicate material.
- Detect Yoast SEO mistakes.
The Yoast team created and developed this plugin suite, which comes in two major versions: premium and free.
2. Site Kit by Google
Google Site Kit is a plugin that lets you do SEO analysis, doesn't need a lot of different plugins, and lets you look at any information about your website without having to open the Google app.
Google Site Kit connects and monitors your website with six Google services: Search Console, Google Analytics, PageSpeed Insights, Google AdSense, Google Optimize, and Manager Google tag.
3. Akismet Anti-spam
Akismet is a service that filters spam comments automatically. Akismet is a combination of the words “Automatic” and “Kismet.” Automatic is the firm that built the Akismet plugin, which was established by Matt Mullenweg, the developer of the WordPress community. Using Akismet's algorithm, Akismet detects spam comments and pingbacks. This algorithm learns from its failures as well as the actions of the community.
For example, when certain websites begin reporting particular comment materials as spam, Akismet learns to identify what sort of content is spam in the future.
4. Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 is a plugin that allows users to handle a variety of free mailing forms. Using this plugin, you may entirely alter the content and design of your emails to meet your specific requirements.
This function is usually only available on a few websites. When you visit any website, you will see some of your personal information, such as your phone number or email address. These are the features that Contact Form 7 has added to your site.
5. All-in-one Migration
This plugin, along with Duplicator (freemium) and Migrate Guru, is among the finest for hosting transfer (completely free and very high quality).
The author makes a great choice by incorporating the following features into the plugin:
- The backup file for moving hosts to download is a compressed file, which helps to minimize the size. Having a single file that has all of your site's data in it will make it easier to find things. This includes themes, plugins, multimedia resources, and so on.
- Make use of a proprietary tool.
- WordPress archive: This prevents users from changing hosts using other plugins. They are compelled to utilize AilWPm.
- Free file export: The plugin allows you to export files of any size. With the free plugin, you may export 100MB, 1GB, or 10GB of data.
- Size limitation with file import: up to 512MB, necessitating the use of their premium plugin for medium and larger sites! It is better to limit the upload size rather than the export size.
Multiple intermediate clouds are supported, allowing for quicker data recovery or backup with fewer mistakes. Google Cloud is the cloud service I suggest since it is simple to sign up for and offers up to 15 GB of free storage.
Purchase once and receive updates for the rest of your life. This is a fantastic thing to do with this plugin since if it were purchased on a yearly basis, its convenience would be much less appealing because the cost is too high. There are also various free solutions, which may need more time or effort to master, but if AioWPm is too pricey, many users will undoubtedly switch to the free model.
There are an unlimited number of websites that provide reasonable prices, but I believe they should be limited.
6. Updraft plus
This is a plugin that allows you to effortlessly backup and restores your website. Backups can be done manually or automatically, depending on the plan. Backups may be stored on popular cloud storage services such as Amazon S3, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
The plugin is available in both free and paid versions. The free version is adequate for basic backup and backup requirements. However, if you want additional features, you may upgrade to the premium version.
Some characteristics include:
- Updraft Vault (Updraft's storage service), Amazon S3, Dropbox, Rackspace Cloud Files, Google Drive, Google Cloud Storage, DreamHost DreamObjects, FTP, OpenStack, and email are all supported for WordPress site backup.
- Quick recovery (both source files and databases).
- Backups that are automatically scheduled
- Site duplicator or “migrator” allows you to copy web pages and move them to a new storage place.
- Backup files from other backup plugins can be restored and converted. BackWPUp, BackUp WordPress, Simple Backup, and WordPress Backup to Dropbox are now supported.
- You may schedule your own backups of source code and databases.
- Upload failures can be continued automatically.
- Large pages can be archived as files.
- Choose backup files (plugins, themes, content)
- Choose which backup components to restore.
- Backup files may be downloaded straight from the WordPress Dashboard.
- For further protection, backup databases can be encrypted.
- All PHP versions from 5.2 to 7.0 are supported.
7. Classic Widgets
Classic Widgets is an official WordPress plugin that restores the former (“classic”) WordPress widget settings interface. It will be sustained and maintained until at least 2022, or until further notice.
When this plugin is active, it will restore the old widget settings screen and deactivate the widget management block editor. The traditional widget settings screen is enabled or deactivated with no extra configuration simply by activating or removing this plugin.
The block-based widgets editor, like the Gutenberg editor (Block Editor), is extremely difficult to get accustomed to if you've been using the conventional widgets manager for years. It has just recently been incorporated into WordPress, and resolving the backlog issues will take some time. As a result, I will keep using the Classic Widgets Editor as long as it is still being worked on.
8. Smash Balloon
Smash Balloon was created with the goal of providing customers with a simple, easy-to-install, and extremely fast WordPress video plugin. Smash Balloon's engineers pay great attention to performance in order to avoid slowing down your website's loading speed, which can have a detrimental influence on search rankings and user experience.
Smash Balloon, in particular, does not automatically load the video player on the website but rather loads the player only when a visitor begins an interaction with the video feed. This significantly reduces the amount of time it takes for the user's page to load.
Custom video stop and end actions, responsive design and custom styling, and the ability to convert videos into WordPress articles are all available as extras.
- Post-caching speeds up load times.
- It allows you to generate feeds from any public YouTube playlist.
- Keywords can be used to filter movies in the stream.
- Customization does not require any coding knowledge.
- The free version is restricted in terms of features and functionalities.
- Aimed towards intermediate-to-expert WordPress users,
- There isn't much supporting documentation.
- Shortcode customizations are restricted.